Here are some ideas of how to potty train your new dog:hi i love yr blog..i just got a dachshund few days back..perhaps u can give me some tips on toilet training.. i seem to have a problem.. haha
- You must ask them if they need to go potty, then take them outside immediately.
- A puppy doesn't know what going potty is, but in time they will know.
- It might take them a while to do anything while you are outside, but they will soon.
- After they are done doing their business, take them inside and praise them. If you have any treats, give them one.
- You give them treats to let them know they get a reward for doing something good.
- If you are going anywhere for a while put your new puppy in a cage because they will not do their business on places they sleep.
- At night before you go to bed, put them in their cage until they are house broken.
- Make sure to keep an eye on them to see if they start sniffing the floor or if they start circling around.
- Take them outside about 15 minutes after they get a drink of water, and every hour.
- Soon they will be potty trained and you can take them outside when they whine or bark by the door.
Good Luck! :)